Monday, December 11, 2006

I have breakfast with a pirate

Remember the contest?

Ok, I don't blame you if you don't. It was a long time ago and I am still doling out drawings to the winners. This very patient winner is Jess (check out her blog!), who did massive research (she claims) to win the prize.

I went all the way to DC to draw her in person (no shizzle) and had a fabulous time talking with her about life, law, the battle of the sexes, and of course, The Simpsons. That she is such a Simpsons fan is enough to make me worship her, but she was all kinds of adorable to boot. Here's to Jess! :-)

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful subject & fantastic lines, natch!

    Smooch,
    The Tart
    ; *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww shucks!!

    I mean - YARRRR!

    My very first portrait, I'm honored. And thanks for the props - although Simpsons is hardly something one can help loving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. - hours of research. Hours I tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK... just let me get it straight: why you didn't come to Brazil to draw my portrait in person? That is not fair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:36 PM

    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! when will i get my picture drawn!!! are you coming over to london then? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:32 AM

    oooh argh, would love to hvae breakfast with a pirate......
    lovely drawing. can't wait for the next contest...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this portait! And the colorful holiday ornaments make it even more fun and festive! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :-)

Willie